Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Musical Genius Of Baha Men Finally Rewarded

Yes, it's true. The Baha Men have finally earned the recognition they so richly deserve, although it took eight years to get there. You may remember the Baha Men from their hit single "Who Let The Dogs Out?" or ... well no just that. Still, this deeply moving pet care query captured our hearts in the summer of 2000 and didn't let go until at least the second time it was heard.

Well now they have won the coveted award for "Worst Song Ever" from ... well apparently Spinner.com and AOL Radio. Maybe not the most authoritative source but the list looks pretty solid to me. #2 on their list is "Ice Ice Baby," and both "I'm Too Sexy (for my shirt)" and a Celine Dion song made the top 10. I only have two bones to pick with the list. First, I would think "2 Legit 2 Quit" is a worse MC Hammer song than "U Can't Touch This." Also, I don't think "Barbie Girl" by Aqua should be on the list. It is a high pitched pop song with an annoying hook and a chorus designed to get stuck in your head. But IMHO the lyrics are actually a satire of the extreme sexuality of a child's toy. I mean really... her exaggerated measurements set an impossible point of comparison for sexual maturity for young girls. Plus it caused pretty amusing lawsuit which Mattel lost soundly.

No comments: